Stephen Vaughan Sale (FSP109834, trading as Steve Sale Insurance Limited, also known as Steve Sale Insurance & Mortgages) holds a license issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice.
Nature and scope of the advice
Steve Sale Insurance & Mortgages provides advice to our clients about their investments, mortgages, life insurance, health insurance and fire & general insurance.
Our financial advisers provide financial advice in relation to KiwiSaver, managed Funds, master trusts, investment and superannuation plans, mortgages, life insurance, health insurance and fire & general insurance.
We only provide financial advice about products from certain providers:
- For mortgages, we work with the following banks and lenders
- ANZ, ASB, BNZ, Co-op, Heartland and Westpac
- Avanti, General Finance, Liberty, NZCU Baywide, Pepper, Prospa, Resimac, Southern Cross Financial and Sovereign
- For life insurance, we work with six companies
- AIA, AMP, Asteron, Cigna, Fidelity Life and Partners Life
- For health insurance, we work with five providers
- Accuro, AIA, nib, Partners Life and Southern Cross
- For fire & general insurance, we work with four companies
- Aon, Blanket, Tower and Rothbury
- For KiwiSaver and investment products, we work with the following providers
- AMP (Assure), ANZ/OneAnswer and Booster
Fees or expenses
Steve Sale Insurance & Mortgages does not charge fees, expenses or any other amount for any financial advice provided to its clients.
Conflicts of interest and incentives
Steve Sale Insurance & Mortgages and our financial advisers receive commissions from the providers on whose products we give financial advice (insurers, banks, lenders, investment managers and KiwiSaver providers). If you decide to take out insurance or a mortgage, or to take our investment or KiwiSaver advice, the provider will pay a commission to Steve Sale Insurance & Mortgages and to your financial adviser. The amount of commission is based on the amount of the premium or mortgage, or the investment or KiwiSaver balance.
From time to time, product providers may also reward us for the overall business we provide to them. They may give us tickets to sports events, hampers, or other incentives. To ensure that our financial advisers prioritise our clients’ interests above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made on the basis of each client’s goals and circumstances. All our financial advisers undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest. We maintain registers of conflicts of interests, and the gifts and incentives we receive. We undertake a compliance audit, and a review of our compliance programme is undertaken annually by a reputable compliance adviser.
Complaints handling and dispute resolution
Our internal complaints process
If you have a problem, concern or complaint about any part of our advice or service, please tell us so that we can try to fix the problem. Our internal complaints manager is Steve Sale who can be reached via email at [email protected] or by calling: 06 370 1904. You can also write to us at: P O Box 943, Masterton 5840.
The internal complaints process is:
- We will review the complaint and discuss with you how we will resolve this and obtain any additional information if required.
- We aim to resolve our complaints in a timely manner and will indicate to you the time this complaint will take to resolve.
- We will communicate with you in the method you prefer – phone, email or written.
If we cannot resolve your complaint in a manner which is acceptable then you can contact our free independent dispute resolution service.
Our external complaints process
If we cannot agree on how to fix the issue or if you decide not to use the internal complaints scheme, you can contact our external disputes resolution scheme - Financial Services Complaints Limited. This service will cost you nothing and will help us resolve any disagreements.
You can contact the Financial Services Complaints Limited Resolution Scheme by emailing [email protected] or by calling: 0800 347 257. You can also write to them at: PO Box 5967, Wellington 6140.
Steve Sale Insurance & Mortgages and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice.
We are required to:
- give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice is not materially influenced by our own interests
- exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice
- meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice)
- meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.
Stephen Vaughan Sale (FSP109834, trading as Steve Sale Insurance Limited also known as Steve Sale Insurance & Mortgages) is the Financial Advice Provider.
You can contact us at:
Phone: 06 370 1904
Mobile: 027 4108534
Email: [email protected]
Address: Level 1, Public Trust Building, 20 Perry Street, Masterton 5810
Mailing address: P O Box 934, Masterton 5840